A genealogical rogue-“LITE” where anyone can be a hero. Each time you die, your unique child will succeed you. One child might be colorblind, another might be a dwarf with vertigo. But that’s OK, because no one is perfect, and you don’t have to be to succeed.
Here’s what Rogue Legacy IS:
• A procedurally generated adventure. Explore new castles with every life.
• Rogue-lite. Your character dies, but with each passing your lineage grows and becomes stronger.
• Tons of unique traits that makes each playthrough special. Ever wanted to be dyslexic? Now you can!
• More than 8 classes to choose from (9)! Each class has unique abilities that change the way you play the game.
• Over 60 different enemies to test your skills against. Hope you like palette-swaps!
• Massive, expandable skill tree. Rack in the loot to upgrade your manor and give your successors a cutting edge.
• Oh yeah, there’s a Blacksmith and an Enchantress shop but we forgot to show them in the trailer…
• Equip your heroes with powerful weaponry and armor. Or gain new abilities like flight, dash, and air jumping.
• Tons of secrets and easter eggs to uncover… or are there? Yes there are.
• Got a controller? Play with a controller.
“…a hugely compelling mix of 2D action-platforming and Roguelike game design.” 9/10
–IGN”Rogue Legacy is a must-play, and a steal at its $15 price tag.” 90/100
–GameFront”Rogue Legacy rewarded my patience and tenacity; that’s a lesson any developer can take from its twisted family tree.” 9/10
–Polygon”This is a game that won’t just eat up your time, but it will devour it.” 8.5/10
–Destructoid”… an immensely rewarding action game that strikes a terrific balance between permadeath and progress.” 8.5/10